lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick TALBOT" <ptal...@nagora.com>
Subject French Analyzer
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:04:01 GMT
Hi,

I have written a French Analyzer for Lucene, (which can be packaged in
org.apache.lucene.analysis.fr) based on the German Analyzer by Gerhard
Schwarz, and inspired by the "French stemming algorithm" - Porter's work on
his snowball project http://snowball.sourceforge.net/french/stemmer.html +
an extended "real life" stop words list.

I have been using it for multimedia developement for my company (in France,
for french projects) and it's working perfectly, so in the spirit of "making
it up to you", and if you are interested into adding it to the Lucene
distrib, let me know, and I will send you the sources.

PS : By the way, it's an amazing piece of software you created here,
congratulations !

Patrick TALBOT