lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick TALBOT" <ptal...@nagora.com>
Subject RE: French Analyzer
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:48:20 GMT
Hi,

you will find attached the source files for the FrenchAnalyzer, packaged in
org.apache.lucene.analysis.fr...

I don't know if it's a good idea to post it to the list but, as someone else
here said
"I don't have CVS access and prefer the safety of not having it :)", so I
apologize for the bad etiquette ;=)

Should it be part of the core or not ? I honestly don't know, and even if I
will made myself available for any correction/enhancement, I let you guys
come to your own decision about it.

I just thought that it could be convenient to have it bundled for people
building french related project, but may be you could have a special
"outside module" directory structure for other language-related stemmers and
mark them as "non supported", "use it at your own risk", etc...

As long as the source code is available, I think that people will always be
glad to have these modules, if only as a base code for enhancement.

In some remote place of the world, you never know, but someone may be using
these "miscellaneous languages" :))

Cheers,

Patrick Talbot (from France)