lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene build.xml
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:59:52 GMT
on 2/27/02 1:43 PM, "Otis Gospodnetic" <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I imagined build.properties.sample as a mostly blank file with a short
> description about it's purpose at the top and maybe one commented out
> example for people to follow.
> So we wouldn't have to keep properties in sync with build.xml.

As I said before, it would be a terrible idea to require people to read the
build.xml file to figure out what properties they need to override. I liken
that to requiring people to read a Makefile or ./configure script.

> Ah, you are a committer here, so that -1 definitely has to count (for
> some reason I thought you were not a commiter and hence didn't take
> that -1 as seriously). Sorry about that.
> I'm all for somebody else finishing this business.
> Will you do it even if people vote not to use your suggestions?
> Dmitry already gave a +1 for no default.properties, which could be a
> -1.  Dmitry, are you a commiter?  I don't see your name on
> http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/whoweare.html

If someone gives me a -1, then we are in a stalemate and need to continue to
discuss this further. I gave my response to Dmitry's posting, lets wait for
his response.

p.s. Double negatives are not very clear. Either vote +1 or -1.

-jon