lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Spencer, Dave" <d...@lumos.com>
Subject RE: Converting a FSDirectory (on disk index) to a RAMDirectory
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 01:43:43 GMT

in which
you wanted to eat RAM to have fast responses.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:DCutting@grandcentral.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 1:33 PM
To: 'Lucene Developers List'
Subject: RE: Converting a FSDirectory (on disk index) to a RAMDirectory

> From: Spencer, Dave [mailto:dave@lumos.com]
>
> Could anyone glance at this and verify that this code is correct.
> Goal is to convert an existing, on-disk, index to a
> RAMDirectory, which presumably is purely in memory.

It looks right to me.  Did you test it?  Did it work?

> If the code is correct I'd suggest someone w/ CVS powers adding it to
> the source base - maybe a static method in  RAMDirectory itself.

How about a RAMDirectory constructor?  Since only generic Directory
methods
are required it could just be:

  public RAMDirectory(Directory dirToCopy) { ... }

and, as conveniences:

  public RAMDirectory(File f)   { this(new FSDirectory(f)); }
  public RAMDirectory(String s) { this(new FSDirectory(s)); }

Doug