lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Halácsy Péter <halacsy.pe...@axelero.com>
Subject RE: Re : How does Lucene handle phrases containing words that are not indexed?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:33:08 GMT
Hello,
I think my problem is something similar.

I'd like to index documents that are described by keywords. One document can have zero or
more keywords and a keyword can be related to one ore more documents. Assume two keywords:
"human computer interaction"
"computer science"

If I add these keywords to a documents in a field and one search with query human science
the document'll be found, won't it? I could use - say - 16 distinct fields for the max 16
keywords and translate the query keyword:"human science" to keyword1:"human science" or keyword2:"human
science" ... keyword16:"human science" but this solution isn't prefered by me.

peter