lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <dmit...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: can some access modifiers in org.apache.lucene.search be changed/"opened up"
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:27:08 GMT
+1 on this. I was going to propose the same change by waited until the
release went out.
While we are at this, can we also make the
org.apache.lucene.analysis.PorterStemmer class public again? It is
useful in case you want to utilize stemming in the same application
where Lucene is being used. If the counterargument is that this confuses
the purpose of the analysis package, perhaps PorterStemmer can be moved
to util?

Dmitry