lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <dmit...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: StrictAnalyzer
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:32:10 GMT
Hi Alan,

I know at least in my case, I have a much more extensive list of stop
words and they are simply read from a file into an array and then passed
to the existing class. Would this approach work in your case? It seemed
that adding a new class just to have a new set of default stop words was
not particularly required. It would probably prove to be more confusing
than anything else. However, there might be an argument for changing the
default set that is already in the existing class. I had not checked,
but if the new set is much better than the old one, I'd +1 it.

-dmitry