lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: French Analyzer
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 01:11:23 GMT
Hello,

Yes, I think this would be a nice addition to Lucene.  Could you please
send it?

Also, a lady who worked on a Finish stemmer sent her code a while back.
 I doubt many people on the list speak Finish and can test the code, so
I suggest that we add it to the distribution, let people try it, and
report problems if there are any.

Hm, now that I think about it, should language-components that are
submitted by people be a part of the Lucene core?
What happens if there is a bug in that code?  The original submitter
may not be interested in fixing it and/or sending patches, etc. and
other Lucene developers may not know the code/language.

Thanks,
Otis