lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene - Dynamo glue class -- How to make it available to users?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:06:14 GMT
Peter,

We should change the way we deal with contributions in the long run, or
we risk those contributions disappearing with time (people leave
companies, URLs became invalid, and mailing list archives don't seem
like a place to use a code repository).

How about getting a more serious place for storing contributions?
For instance, a Lucene Contributions project on SourceForge or
something such?
Ideally Apache/Jakarta would have a place for user contributions.
Perhaps we could just have a contributions directory under Lucene (with
clear statements that Lucene developers can't really help users with
those or something that will limit the amount of incoming emails).

Just thinking out loud...

Otis