lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Add ability to get list of terms from a query
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:59:20 GMT
Sorry for spamming the list.
Assuming we jump over the LGPL hurdle....

Either my brain (brian?) is fried or the code at
http://www.iq-computing.de/lucene/lucene-highlight.tar.gz doesn't
really contain an implementation of TermHighlighter interface.  Is that
a mistake or has that purposely been left out?  My impression was that
the code includes Maik's implementation of that.

Also, I'd make a minor change to this:
  public static final String highlightTerms(String text,
TermHighlighter highlighter, Query query,
    Analyzer analyzer) throws IOException
  {
    StringBuffer newText = new StringBuffer();

I would do something like:
    StringBuffer newText = new StringBuffer(text.length); // check for
text == null before?

There is also a finally block in that method that catches Exception,
but then ignores it.  Perhaps that should be modified so that it
doesn't just ignore the Exception, but rather deals with it as the rest
of Lucene code deals with Exceptions...

Otis (Ich liebe Freitagen) Gospodnetic