lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for Lucene
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:18:33 GMT
Is this open source?  APL'd?  Where can I look at it?

-Andy

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 20:27, Kelvin Tan wrote:
> Great suggestions all around, and I'm pretty much in agreement with what's been said.
>
> In my app, I've built a mini-framework around the searching such that I'm able to map
ContentHandlers (which index file contents) to file extensions. I've been wanting to clean
it up and contribute it for awhile, but haven't overcome the intertia to do so. Also introduced
a DataSource (which can pretty much be anything, like a filesystem, a database, a URL, etc)
from which to obtain the data to index, so I think it _could_ be inline with what some of
you have in mind.

> I could also use alot of feedback with what's been done too...
>
> So what's the plan to move forward?

taking the following into consideration:

>   Indexers/Crawlers
>
>   General Settings
>   SleeptimeBetweenCalls - can be used to avoid flooding a machine with too many requests
>   IndexerTimeout - kill this crawler thread after long period of inactivity
>   IncludeFilter - include only items matching filter
>   ExcludeFilter - exclude items matching filter (can be used with IncludeFilter)
>   MaxItems - stops indexing after x items
>   MaxMegs - stops indexing after x MB of data
>
>   File System Indexer
>   URLReplacePrefix - can crawl c:\ but expose URL as http://mysever/docs/
>
>   Web Indexer
>   HTTPUser
>   HTTPPassword
>   HTTPUserAgent
>   ProxyServer
>   ProxyUser
>   ProxyPassword
>   HTTPSCertificate
>   HTTPSPrivateKey
>
>   Other Possible Indexers
>   Microsoft Exchange 5.5/2000
>   Lotus Notes
>   Newsgroup (NNTP)
>   Documentum
>   ODBC/OLEDB
>   XML - index single XML that represents multiple documents
>

>   Document Factory
>   General
>   The minimum properties for each document should be:
>   URL
>   Title
>   Abstract
>   Full Text
>   Score
>
>   HTML
>   Support for META tags including Dublic Core syntax
>
>   Other Possible Document Factories
>   Office Docs - DOC, XLS, PPT
>   PDF
>

>   Thanks for the great proposal.