lucene-dev mailing list archives

From carl...@bookandhammer.com
Subject Add ability to get list of terms from a query
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:41:16 GMT
Hi,

I just added the Highlight terms functionality by Maik Schreiber to the
contributions section.
This code essentially gets all the terms for a given query, and then
provides an interface to highlight the text.

In order to provide this functionality he had to make some changes to
the core Lucene code.

I am suggesting providing the a query.getTerms() method. After review
and Maik approval, we might even want to use his code.

I would suggest making these changes after 1.2 is released.

To check out his code and PDF describing the changes, go to
http://www.iq-computing.de/lucene/highlight.htm

Please provide feedback.

Thanks

--Peter

----LIST OF SUGGESTED CHANGES----
He documented it very well. Here are the list of changes.

org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery - add the following method:
public BooleanClause[] getClauses()
{
return (BooleanClause[]) clauses.toArray(new BooleanClause[0]);
}

org.apache.lucene.search.MultiTermQuery - mark getQuery() public

org.apache.lucene.search.PhraseQuery - add the following method:
public Term[] getTerms()
{
return (Term[]) terms.toArray(new Term[0]);
}

org.apache.lucene.search.PrefixQuery - mark getQuery() public

org.apache.lucene.search.RangeQuery - mark getQuery() public

org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery - add the following method:
public Term getTerm()
{
return term;
}