lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Web demo example: Errors from Tomcat startup
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 14:25:42 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org>

> I have no objection provided that:
>
> 1. Everything be kept simple enough for someone who is just getting
> started to follow.  Don't forget that the getting started guide and
> instructions assume you're using a pre-built lucene or know how to build
> it.

It would be even simpler than the current demo because the index would be
pre-built and all that would be required is to drop the WAR into a web
container, fire up a browser, and search.

The demo of having someone manually index their web directories is cool too
though as it gives closer-to-home feedback, whereas searching the Lucene
documentation for newbies would not be all that exciting - but probably
helpful!  :)

> 2. You update the getting started guide to reflect the changes you
> make.  (though we might not want to update the website since the
> production version will be different)  -- (If you don't then I will but
> I'd rather the person who makes the change update the docs so that they
> are accurate and not my fuzzy understanding)..

Ok, give me a few days to get things together and put into  my local Lucene
codebase, and then I'll submit the patches.

    Erik