lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: Distributable JAR filename
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:04:59 GMT
> Erik - with a "k".

Sorry Erik!

And I thought I was careful with name spelling, after having so many
people calling me Paolo instead of PaUlo.
=;o)

> What I'm after is a way to pull in a dependency with no manual
> intervention
> such as renaming files, but this is an issue bigger than lucene-dev, and I
> apologize for opening this can of worms here.  CJAN and JJAR are
> efforts to
> accomplish this kind of thing and I've seen lots of talk about them on the
> general/commons lists.

Yes, I would say that the can of worms should be open at "general".

I have no great magic bullet idea that solves this issue but I agree that
we should find one.

Please "open the can" at general and lets get everybody thinking about
this. It is possible that guys like Sam Ruby (because of Gump), Geir
(because of CJan/JJar) or some of other veterans have a clearer idea
on how to solve this one.

Have fun,
Paulo