lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <DCutt...@grandcentral.com>
Subject RE: first draft
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:20:04 GMT
> From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:acoliver@apache.org]
>
> Would the demos be pre-compiled in the distribution?

I think they are currently.  If they're not, they should be.

> As for packaging it in org.apache.lucene.demo in addition to
> keeping it
> in a separate jar (and hence under demo instead of java), I think that
> would be a good idea.  Am I following you?

Yes.  That is what I meant.  Sorry I wasn't more clear.  The code should
continue to live in src/demo, they should not be bundled into the core
Lucene jar file, and the java package name should be
"org.apache.lucene.demo".  It would be great if you could do this.

Doug