lucene-dev mailing list archives

From carl...@bookandhammer.com
Subject QueryParser.jj character update
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:27:13 GMT
Hi,

In looking into the QueryParser, I noticed that most charcters where
allowed in the queryString buyt quite a few common characters where not.
Can we look to update this to allow more characters?
Obviously this is a big change since it will affect the way all tokens
are made.

I would suggest adding "/&=#\"
Also, I think that we should add "." as a term_start_char. This handles
names like .NET, .com ...

Any thoughts on this?

--Peter