lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started (first draft comments)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:03:47 GMT
> Yes.  I didn't think of that.  A 'Guide for Developing on the Lucene
> Project' would be an excellent resource.  However, we would most certainly
> shorten it to the GDLP and then quickly forget what it stands for.  :)  I
> would stick with 'Developer's guide' and let 'users' be temporarily
> confused.

I really hope this was tongue-in-cheek.

1.  There are more users than developers.
2.  We were all once users too.
3.  We're probably better able to deal with weirdly-named documents in our
    project than the users are.

I think that things should be named so that they make more sense to
the users, not to us.  How about finding a better solution?  (I
suggested "Maintainers Guide" in an earlier e-mail, which avoids the
ambiguous D-word.)