lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>
Subject Re: Patches and samples
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:05:12 GMT
> In working on a POI::HSSF interface for Lucene and some adaptations that
> Brian Goetz recommended I'm also going ahead and smoothing over some
> edges.

Great, but I think we should have a little more discussion in the
community about the generic file-document interface first; the
proposal I made was just a proposal, and I want to make sure it meets
everyones needs before we begin coding to it.  (Open source projects
are plagued by the demands for backward compatiblity with code that
was written and committed prematurely...)