lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release 1.2 RC3
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:25:59 GMT
Looks good to me...seems like a good idea to announce it widespread.

There is one thing I suggest we do before we do a final.
Lets create separate targets for building the javacc stuff like this:

cleancc - cleans just the javacc stuff
allclean - clean + cleancc
javacc   - does the javacc stuff

we'll include pre-compiled (or whatever one calls it) javacc'd stuff.

I think this will prevent a lot of "THE BUILD IS BROKEN!!!!" messages on
both lists ;-)

Thoughts anyone?

-Andy

On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 18:24, Doug Cutting wrote:
> I just made a new release, 1.2RC3, based on the current CVS:
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-lucene/release/v1.2-rc3/
>
> I did some simple tests, and things look good to me.  Does anyone see a
> reason not to announce this to lucene-user?  Hopefully we can turn this into
> a 1.2 final release soon.
>
> Release notes follow.
>
> Doug
>
> 1.2 RC3
>
>  1. IndexWriter: fixed a bug where adding an optimized index to an
>     empty index failed.  This was encountered using addIndexes to copy
>     a RAMDirectory index to an FSDirectory.
>
>  2. RAMDirectory: fixed a bug where RAMInputStream could not read
>     across more than across a single buffer boundary.
>
>  3. Fix query parser so it accepts queries with unicode characters.
>     (briangoetz)
>
>  4. Fix query parser so that PrefixQuery is used in preference to
>     WildcardQuery when there's only an asterisk at the end of the
>     term.  Previously PrefixQuery would never be used.
>
>  5. Fix tests so they compile; fix ant file so it compiles tests
>     properly.  Added test cases for Analyzers and PriorityQueue.
>
>  6. Updated demos, added Getting Started documentation. (acoliver)
>
>  7. Added 'contributions' section to website & docs. (carlson)
>
>  8. Removed JavaCC from source distribution for copyright reasons.
>     Folks must now download this separately from metamata in order to
>     compile Lucene.  (cutting)
>
>  9. Substantially improved the performance of DateFilter by adding the
>     ability to reuse TermDocs objects.  (cutting)
>
> 10. Added IndexReader methods:
>       public static boolean indexExists(String directory);
>       public static boolean indexExists(File directory);
>       public static boolean indexExists(Directory directory);
>       public static boolean isLocked(Directory directory);
>       public static void unlock(Directory directory);
>     (cutting, otis)
>
> 11. Fixed bugs in GermanAnalyzer (gschwarz)
>

> --

www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!

vote.