lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Getting Started (first draft comments)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:22:53 GMT
I don't feel particularly strongly about this either...
I guess I prefer to at least provide docs in XML/HTML format
and anything in addition is bonus.  (just most people feel
more "comfortable" reading that format in my experience...being
a shell guy I'd rather read the text...but there are fewer like me
or everyone would just run Linux ;-) )

-Andy

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 16:24, Doug Cutting wrote:
> > From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:acoliver@apache.org]
> >
> > On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 16:00, Doug Cutting wrote:
> > > Currently information on how to build Lucene is in the
> > > BUILD.txt file [...] Is this inaccurate or inadequate?
> >
> > Its good.  I just think the "for dummies" version is also
> > appropriate in addition to not instead of.
>
> I worry a little about having the same information maintained in two places.
> If the build procedure changes, will both get updated in a timely manner?
> Maybe, maybe not.  Mind you, I don't feel all that strongly about this.
>
> Doug
>
> --

www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!