lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Getting Started (first draft comments)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:28:44 GMT
Ah.. this is the age old problem....  If you write stuff for use by
developers then who are the developers and who are the users....

When I say "Developer's guide" I mean "Developers of Lucene".  When I
say "Users" I mean developers/developer-like-people who "use" Lucene but
do not necessarily directly assist in the Development of Lucene
regardless of whether they develop with Lucene.  Does that make sense?

Perhaps "Guide for Developing on the Lucene Project" would be more
clear...but..a bit long. :-)

-Andy

www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!