lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Che Dong" <ched...@yahoo.com>
Subject Suggestion: apply java code convention with astyle in lucene source?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 04:01:43 GMT
Hi All:
I don't know if you have trouble with reading lucene source which mostly
have only one space indent.
Is it possible apply sun java code convention in lucene source code?
http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html

Sometime I use astyle reformat the lucene source before reading.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/astyle
Its only a little bit confuse with javacc *.jj files. It will occur a error
with "could not rename *.jj to *.jj.orig" when reformat .jj directly. You
need to rename it *.jj to *.jj.java, astyle it and rename it back to .jj.

I think it might be more efficiently communication with others if all lucene
source reformatted according to java code conventions.

Regards

Che Dong

astyle:
Download: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/astyle/astyle_1.14.1_build2.zip
unzip and just 'make' in astyle dir, This should create an executable file
called 'astyle'.
useage: astyle --style=java *.java