lucene-dev mailing list archives

From klic...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: Separating translatable strings
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:21:49 GMT
This is something we would like to see happen (for our use of Lucene in
Eclipse) ... so we made the offer to assist/ do the work. Given the nature
of the change, we are not quite sure how to coordinate. I have not
followed up outside of this mailing list.

What we could do is a (partial) trial run based on a snapshot of the
source just so that people see what the tools we use for this produce in
terms of code and resource bundles. If the output was acceptable, we would
then wait for the appropriate point in Lucene development/ release
schedule and do a 1-pass conversion of the entire code base.

Please respond to "Lucene Developers List" <lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org>