lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: Separating translatable strings
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:54:29 GMT
I have been working on exactly this kind of issue in my library
and have code for both internationalization and logging, including
a tool class that helps doing both in one step - logging
internationalized strings.

All my Logging + i18n code is based in Apache code (mostly Avalon
+ Velocity for initialization + a bit of Commons).

I just grabbed the best stuff I found around Apache-Jakarta and
placed it together. I am in the process of adding the kind of
"easy" initialization found in Velocity for all the loggers
supported (Log4J, LogKit and the Jdk14 thing).

I will try to contribute this back to Jakarta (maybe Commons) in
the next couple of days. I can post a copy here, so that you can
take a look at the thing.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar

http://www.krankikom.de