lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Gerhard Schwarz <>
Subject Re: bug in German Stemmer
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:47:48 GMT

Brian Brown wrote:
> Hi Gerhard,
> Now I have your email address, I will send you comments directly, unless
> they concern the developers' or users' groups directly.

> I'm using your German Stemmer/Analyzer as a model for the French
> stemmer I am developing.

I think the algorithm is self explaining. But in any case, just
Is there any strategy for stemming french language available?
Maybe I can help.

> I have another small point (I think it's an error). In
> GermanStemFilter.GermanStemFilter( TokenStream in, Hashtable
> exclusiontable )
> it looks to me that :
>     this.exclusions = exclusions;
> should read:
>     this.exclusions = exclusiontable;

Oops, fortunatly, this does not crash anything.
Fixes will be commited in a few hours to CVS.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message