lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re(2): src/demo/org/apache/lucene/Search.jhtml
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:29:29 GMT
I think there were 2 or 3 submissions of .jsp version of .jhtml stuff
included with Lucene.  I don't use JSPs, so I can't really test the
contributed code before adding it to Lucene.

I plan on looking at all JSP contributions and putting the one that
looks the cleanest into Lucene's repository.  I don't know when I'll
have time to do that, though. :(

Please let me know if this is a problem or if you have any other
comments or suggestions.

Thanks,
Otis

--- Andrew Cottrell <acottrell@blacksunplc.com> wrote:
> paulsp@apache.org writes:
> >Could this be contributed and included in the project?  Tomcat
> support
> >JSP, thus it will be easier to Lucene "out of the box".
> >
> >Note: Their is a copyright notice from Douglass R. Cutting.
>
> I guess we'll have to ask Douglass. The file does not mention the
> licensing terms.
>
> As I understand things all apache software should be copyright The
> Apache
> Software Foundation and released under The Apache Software License.
> As
> this is not copyright TASF there doesn't appear to be any implication
> that
> this is released under TASL.
>
> Forgive my ignorance, is Douglass on this mailing list?

Yes.

> btw, I've since made other changes to this file as interface changes
> in
> Lucene caused a few bugs (Document.get(String field) now returns
> null, if
> the field does not exist, rather than "" that the jhtml assumes). I
> also
> added a "I'm Feeling Lucky" button! What is the best way to get these
> changes into Lucene (assuming no copyright/license problems)? Zip
> attachments seem a bit crude!

For now the attachment is the only way and for small pieces of code
that should be okay.

> Also, as I guess others have done, I've created a web site indexing
> application using Lucene. My approach has been to use JoBo
> <http://www.matuschek.net/software/jobo/> to spider and Lucene to
> with a bit of glue code I've written to join the two. Is there an
> easy way
> to make my code available to others (if anyone is interested)?

Interested :)