lucene-dev mailing list archives

From carl...@bookandhammer.com
Subject Re: searching words starting with accent characters using UTF-8
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:54:09 GMT
One of the issues that keeps coming up for me is that some of the
defaults don't work for everyone.
What do you think about starting a lucene.properties file that contains
much of this information.
If property file didn't exist, it would of course use internal defaults.

For example, the min number of characters to use in a prefix query. If
people want to change it, they don't have to programatically do it. This
could deal with some of the issues with a kitchen-sink approach, and
hopefully not require lots of help having people create there own
parsers.

Thoughts

--Peter