lucene-dev mailing list archives

From rahul.sawh...@philips.com
Subject Resent:query parser and specific type of query
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 05:41:35 GMT
Hi,
I am resending the enclosed post to this list as i did not get get any replies when i sent
it to lucene-user list.
Hoping to get a reply this time,
thanks,
==Rahul==
rahul.sawhney@philips.com
Ph: 5579000 Extn: 1029
----- Forwarded by Rahul Sawhney/BTC/MS/PHILIPS on 11/27/01 11:21 AM -----

                    Rahul

                    Sawhney/BTC/MS/PHI           To:  lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    LIPS@EMEA2                   cc:  (bcc: Rahul Sawhney/BTC/MS/PHILIPS)

                                                 Subject:  query parser and specific type
of query
                    11/24/01 03:54 PM

                    Please respond to            Classification:

                    "Lucene Users

                    List"

Hi,

I would like to know how to do the following using Lucene:
I index some file containing a string "king of spades" using stop analyzer.
The analyzer filters out "of" in the above string since it is not useful for searching
and indexes king and spades.
Its fine till this point.

Now i would like to search for the same string "king of spades".
My questions are,
1. If i want to generate a PhraseQuery from the QueryParser using StopAnalyzer, what should
be done?
2. If i want to generate a FuzzyQuery from the QueryParser using StopAnalyzer, what should
be done?

thanks for any help,

regards,
==Rahul==