lucene-dev mailing list archives

From carl...@bookandhammer.com
Subject Re: QueryParser should now support non-ASCII characters
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 00:42:47 GMT
Just some thoughts.
In other systems I've seen, people are using n#, where # is the slop
factor. There could be an extended name and a minimal name NEAR5 or n5.
I like the term near vs. within for this use.

I think that the term within could be used to specify a field. For
example, ("Doug Cutting" within author). This would search for the
phrase Doug Cutting in the field author.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a syntax for modifying the
slop factor in
a phrase query ("Lucene" within 10 words of "search") :)

I agree that this is a big hole in the query language.  Any ideas for
syntax?