lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <DCutt...@grandcentral.com>
Subject RE: Indexing other documents type than html and txt (XML)
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:22:37 GMT
> From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:lists@ehatchersolutions.com]
>
> How does lucene-dev feel about creating a 'contrib' area in
> CVS for these
> kinds of things that folks really need to make Lucene come to
> life for them,
> but are obviously not part of the main engine?

I think this is a fine idea, but it needs to be managed.  We don't want an
area where anyone can upload anything.  It could easily become filled with
things that don't even compile, and would cause folks more headaches than it
would relieve.

So if someone would like to volunteer to administer this area, then I'm for
it.  Administration would include some limited testing of each contributed
module, ensuring that each has documentation, rejecting poorly written
modules, writing a top-level document that describes all contributed
modules, etc.  Anyone interested?

Doug