lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Contributor Document class repository proposal
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 02:58:06 GMT
Ok, my HtmlDocument is attached. I package scoped it differently in my
current code, but renamed it on this attachement with a mocked up package.
Feel free to attach the Apache license, rename the package, and use it and
abuse it.... its nothing special, but does the trick.  JTidy has an annoying
habit of outputting to System.out (or System.err??) some informational
stuff - and I'd like to find a way around that, or to capture it internally
to make it available if desired.  If folks fix it up and improve it, let me
know so I can keep my current code improving too.

I'd like to see Apache Lucene sort of follow what Struts does - there is a
top-level contrib directory in CVS where sub-projects could go.  We could
separate them by "type" somehow (HTML, XML, Word, PDF), or make a
contrib/handlers directory where they all get dumped for now.  I'd rather
see these extensions under the Lucene umbrella, at least for standard types
of documents that the lucene-dev folks could manage relatively painlessly.
If someone has some non-common or one-shot kind of extension then lucene-dev
should do like Ant and post it to a Resources page, but let someone else
deal with hosting it for download.

The build could be enhanced to build a lucene-extensions.jar too for easily
downloading!  :)

    Erik