lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem building Lucene
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:42:01 GMT
On 10/8/01 12:01 PM, "Doug Cutting" <DCutting@grandcentral.com> wrote:

> I too have had problems using the build.sh and build.bat scripts.  The way I
> develop Lucene (and other projects) is to set JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME to the
> location of my Java and Ant installations, never set CLASSPATH, and use
> 'ant' from the command line.  That works for me on Win32 and Linux.
>
> That said, if we're going to include these scripts and libraries in Lucene's
> CVS repository, then we should make sure they work.
>
> Sam, Jason, as the folks who added these scripts & libs, can you try to sort
> this out?

It is my preference to actually remove the scripts all together. That's what
I've done in the projects that I'm involved with. As a developer I don't
think it is that complicated an endeavor to install Ant and the optional
JAR. I would actually prefer if no JAR files are kept in CVS but I just left
them in there to make the transition as easy as possible.

I am +1 on removing the scripts completely.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org