lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Lucene
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:11:01 GMT
On 10/3/01 12:35 PM, "Doug Cutting" <DCutting@grandcentral.com> wrote:

>> From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:jvanzyl@apache.org]
>>
>> I assumed this was caused by your recent set of changes, yes?
>> We like to try
>> and keep Gumpy happy if we can ;-)
>
> I don't know why this is failing.  I can build without error on both Win32
> and Linux.
>
> The problem is with the "demo" target, which was added to the "dist" target
> yesterday.

Sometimes Gump is behind a bit, there might not be a problem with tonight's
run.

>> jar:
>>       [jar] DEPRECATED - The jarfile attribute is deprecated.
>> Use file attribute instead.
>>       [jar] Building jar:
>> /home/rubys/jakarta/jakarta-lucene/bin/lucene-gump.jar
>
> I don't get this warning, so It looks like a different version of ant is
> being used.  I'm using 1.4.  What version is GUMP using?  What JVM?

Gump always uses the CVS HEAD of everything. It catches simple glitches in
the build but it is primarily to check for backward compatibility between
projects.

>>     [javac] Compiling 16 source files to
>> /home/rubys/jakarta/jakarta-lucene/bin/demo/classes
>>     [javac]
>> /home/rubys/jakarta/jakarta-lucene/bin/demo/src/org/apache/luc
>> ene/HTMLDocument.java:58: package org.apache.lucene.document
>> does not exist
>>     [javac] import org.apache.lucene.document.*;
>
> Somehow the classpath is messed up.

Hmm, maybe an entry needs to be made in the gump profiles. The profile for
lucene is in the jakarta-alexandria repository in the
/proposals/gump/project directory. If it's a classpath thing maybe a "work"
entry needs to be added. This might all sound like gobblygook to you. I'll
take a peek at the profile.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl