lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <dmit...@earthlink.net>
Subject TermVector support - first release
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 20:55:37 GMT
Greetings, everyone!

I have the first version of the term vector support ready to go. I'm
attaching a file with release notes that explain breifly what the new
capabilities are and what there changes were to make the happen. There
are some limitations that are also described. The zip file contains new
files, to be added. The txt file is the result of cvs diff -u against
the current CVS repository.

I am really interested in feedback. First, do the APIs work for your
needs? Also, does everything work? What kind of performance you are
seeing? Are there things that could be done better (especially in terms
of file structures and reading of those files, I think this is where the
next layer of optimizations should come from).

In terms of riskiness, these changes are pretty risky, so I don't think
they should go into the 1.2. But I've been using them for the past few
days and I didn't have to touch the files at all, so I think they are
pretty stable.

Have fun, everyone.
Dmitry.