lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Nestel <i...@doris-frank.de>
Subject Re: feature suggestion
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:29:07 GMT
Yes, I would prefer to have native Object support. It's
not that I do not know how to wrap arround that, it is
just that I thought this would be a nice and lean extension of
the Lucene API without loosing the primary focus of Lucene.

To make this really lean in terms of generated index size
I guess it would be better to have those serialized Objects
stored as byte[] rather than String?