lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <>
Subject "optionally store document vectors in index"
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2001 22:35:17 GMT

Could you give me some pointers to the approach you think should be
taken on this one? I'm in need of analyzing index terms from documents
retrieved by a query to identify further query expansion terms. We
already store the terms in a special field in the document, but that
leads to very slow processing because documents must be retrieved, field
re-parsed, etc. There are a couple of ideas that I'm going to try in the
next couple of weeks to fix this, but if you have a roadmap for this
already, I'd appreciate it. If the solution we end up with extends
Lucene, I'll be happy to contribute it back.

View raw message