lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: final steps
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:22:04 GMT
The site was setup using the HOWTO at

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html

The bottom of the page describes how to copy the site out of the CVS.

Any Committer with "site karma" can do this. Right now, that includes me
;-) I believe Brian would be able to grant the same to you if you want
to try it yourself.

The one other thing I keep forgetting is an entry in the Bug Database.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

We need to get Pier to set that up. We'll need a list of versions, and
components. The Committers should set up accounts there, and let us know
if they want the reports for certain components. A summary is also sent
to the DEV list each week.

Technically, we're suppose to post a formal release-plan specifying a
release-candidate and a release manager, and then have a vote before
making an actual release.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/guidelines.html

To finish the release, the release manager can update the main site2
pages that list the releases, et cetera, and then we send an email to
ANNOUNCE. Jason or I could be the release manager, or help one of you.

We'd also need to put a copy of release under /dist/, and the nightlies
going too, but I'm a little fuzzy on that myself. Jason?

Ted