lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <arch...@jab.org>
Subject Re: [Lucene-dev] Movement of source to Jakarta
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:24:50 GMT
Thanks, Doug.

We did as you suggested, and converted the Lucene site to the Jakarta
format while you were away last week. It's up at

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene

Any chance you could provide a GIF of the refrigerator logo about 300
pixels wide. I took a look at the artwork ZIP, but wasn't sure which
file to use.

One thing that came up was the FAQ. The security at Jakarta is rather
tight, and if we'd like to keep the FAQ as a Perl script, it would be
better if it lived someplace else. Could it stay under lucene.com? If
that's a problem, I'm sure I can find a place to host it.

BTW, is there an interesting anctedote behind the Lucene name?

-- Ted Husted.