lucene-c-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.4.x or Lucene from SVN trunk?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:20:01 GMT

On Jun 5, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> 3) It's unclear when newer versions of Lucene will be actually
> released, so if we switch now it's unclear when we'll have a non-
> moving target to work with.

I don't know for sure when we'll release Lucene 1.9/2.0 either, but
it'll be sooner rather than later.  My hunch is by August.  Given
we've made lots of changes since 1.4.3, we'll release a beta or two
in order to iron out any glaring issues.

> Personally, I think it isn't that big a problem to stick with 1.4.x
> for now, since we have an extremely limited number of users
> anyway.  But before we actually release anything we should probably
> at least make an effort to make the transition, to avoid having
> people depend on interfaces that are deprecated.
>
> Does anyone have any other opinions on this topic?

My vote would be to keep with the trunk (and use only non-deprecated
API) so that Lucene4c is going to match Lucene 2.0.

     Erik