logging-log4php-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Habunek <ivan.habu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple servers writing to the same file
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:31:09 GMT
Phew, that's sorted then. Magic quotes are evil, anyway. :)

Have fun with your project. And let us know if you have any other problems.

Regards,
Ivan

On 17.8.2011. 19:28, Michael Sole wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> Thank for your help.
>
> The problem was that magic quotes was turned on, on this machine.
>
> This is something I had thought was changed when we upgraded to 5.3 several months ago.
>
> I have disabled magic quotes and everything is now working as expected.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

log4php.rootLogger = DEBUG, default

> Then configure using
> Logger::configure('log4php.properties ');
>
> This uses a different configurator and it might not have the same bug.
>
> I may install gentoo to try and figure this out if I have the time.
> Too bad PHP is not included on their live CD. Do you know any good quickstart tutorials?
:-)

> Regards,
> Ivan
>

> On 17 August 2011 13:44, Michael Sole<msole@gold-mobile.com>  wrote:
>> The array is empty: array(0) { }

it had nothing. I tried both stable and trunk versions of log4php along with several different
examples. It is not even trying to open a file for writing or making any syscalls that are
having errors. At this point someone will dig through the log4php code to try and figure out
whats going on.

>>> I added logging to the append function and it wasn't even making it there.
>>>

>>> Like I said it works on Ubuntu so there is some weird interaction with Gentoo.
>>>

>>> Would suexec affect it in anyway?

loaded? I think that is the only prerrequisite...