logging-log4php-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phing integration
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:16:01 GMT
> hey,
>
> i think i made it. there is now a <record> - tag in Phing avaiable, with the
> same functionality like the <record> - tag of ant
> (http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/recorder.html)
>
> i also have created a git-hub repository:
> https://github.com/floriansemm/Phing-Log

Wow, that was quick!

What are your plans with it?

If you would like to donate it to the log4php proejct we'll need two things:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/

One is your individual contributor license, which tells us that we are
allowed to distribute your code.
The second is a software grant, which allows us to use your phing task.

If you want to donate, we must all discuss how we want to proceed with
code like this task - it is not really log4php core code, but does not
fit anywhere else. Should we open some kind of subproject for this?
We'll move this over to general@logging to get some feedback from the
other guys too.

Anyway, it seems you are very engaged with log4php. I really appreciate it.

Have I already sent this documents to you?
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html

Usually ASF projects do not add people to the committers list very
quickly. We wait some time period to see if the contributor is really
committed to the project and then we discuss and invite (or not). This
means that even when you donate the code, we might not invite you to
join the log4php team immediately. But of course, it is in our own
interest to increase the log4php team.

That being said, the phing task - donated or not - is great stuff!
Thank you very much for doing it!

Cheers,
Christian

--