logging-log4php-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Semm <florian.s...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Phing integration
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:02:16 GMT

> Wow, that was quick!
>
> What are your plans with it?
>
> If you would like to donate it to the log4php proejct we'll need two things:
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/
>
> One is your individual contributor license, which tells us that we are
> allowed to distribute your code.
> The second is a software grant, which allows us to use your phing task.

to add the apache licence is no problem. well...i think my "project" is
hosted on github, so everybody has the grant to use it. ;) if you need
explicit my agreement, you'll get it.

> If you want to donate, we must all discuss how we want to proceed with
> code like this task - it is not really log4php core code, but does not
> fit anywhere else. Should we open some kind of subproject for this?
> We'll move this over to general@logging to get some feedback from the
> other guys too.

the phing task is between to projects: log4php and phing. but it's more
a log4php-subproject than a phing-subproject, became of the
hard-dependencies to the logging-lib.

is my Log4phpBundle for symfony a subproject too?
(https://github.com/floriansemm/Log4PhpBundle)

> Anyway, it seems you are very engaged with log4php. I really appreciate it.
>
> Have I already sent this documents to you?
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html

yes you have.

> Usually ASF projects do not add people to the committers list very
> quickly. We wait some time period to see if the contributor is really
> committed to the project and then we discuss and invite (or not). This
> means that even when you donate the code, we might not invite you to
> join the log4php team immediately. But of course, it is in our own
> interest to increase the log4php team.

there is no reason for hurry. to create patches works fine. but it would
be great to become a committer.