logging-log4php-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Semm <florian.s...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: trigger errors
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2011 08:25:40 GMT
Am 12.11.2011 20:40, schrieb Christian Grobmeier:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Ivan Habunek<ivan.habunek@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 12 November 2011 20:31, Christian Grobmeier<grobmeier@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Good question.
>>>
>>> In my world logging framework should never break an application. So...
>>> what exactly is an error? A console output? standard php logfile
>>> problem?
>> What I did in the new configurator is use trigger_error() with
>> E_USER_WARNING parameter. I think this is the standard PHP way to
>> report non-fatal errors.
>>
>> The user can handle the warnings as they see fit by implementing an
>> error handler. Also PHP will log the errors if an error log is
>> configured in the ini file.
> Read the docs - sounds good to me. Thanks.
>
> It is a pity that one looses the magic php powers if one doesn't use
> it every day :)
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>
>> Regards,
>> Ivan

if we expect in a configuration an attribute like "name" or "class" and
we got nothing, we should call this trigger_error() function.

i haven't seen that the LoggerConfigurator class validate the
configuration. The configurator still triggers errors if the config is
incomplete.