logging-log4php-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Semm <florian.s...@gmx.de>
Subject Reduce configure overhead
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 07:21:28 GMT
Hey,

we use Log4Php in our newest project. Currently we have about four
appender and one logger. This small setup has round about 36 lines in
our config. I thing this is too big. Large/complex configs are hard to
understand and hard to maintain.

In my last git-push for the Log4PhpBundle includes one change: layout is
an optional config parameter. If layout is not set, the default-value is
'LoggerLayoutTTCC'. So you can reduce the config effort for each
appender. In this case thats two lines.

before:

error_file:
       class: LoggerAppenderFile
       layout:
         class: LoggerLayoutTTCC
       params:
         file: %kernel.root_dir%/logs/error.log
       threshold: error

after:

error_file:
       class: LoggerAppenderFile
       params:
         file: %kernel.root_dir%/logs/error.log
       threshold: error

Is it possible to make some config-parameters optional and set this in
the core? So I don't have to do this in my bundle. I think it's more a
'Core-Lib'-thing. ;)

Regards

Florian