logging-log4php-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject Re: My first commits...
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 05:21:10 GMT
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 06:57:38 +0200, Christian Grobmeier
<grobmeier@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Christian,
> why are you committing to a branch? We usually commit to the trunk
> only. B/c of the commit messages we all can follow whats happening and
> step in
> Cheers

I would say that is how it is done elsewhere.

Here, for most things, just commit to trunk.
If it is a large refactor of something or a new feature then fair enough,
maybe talk about it
on the dev list and create a branch then if that is what is decided.

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.de>
wrote:
>> ...are not yet complete but trying to get everything into nice
>> chunks takes some time. Feel free to make suggestions if I should put
>> more or less into each commit.

Looks ok to me, if you spot a typo that is a one line commit, do it, doesnt
matter.
If you are working on something that changes hundreds of lines of code,
adds and deletes
files etc, but that is the only way to do it without breaking trunk, then
thats fine also.

Dont worry about building up into chunks to make a nice commit, commit
early and often is good,
even for a few lines at a time.

And, Welcome !!! :)

--