logging-log4php-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change the Maven dependency to Doxia?
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 05:12:33 GMT
Hi

I am not sure why mvn is downloading this version, but I guess its
related cause you tried to include it as a dependency. Doxia - in that
case - is not a dependency to the project and you should delete that
part out. Dependencies are f.e. compile time dependencies to the
project. But we don't have such.

However, which mvn version are you running? If you have 2.1, you
already should have doxia 1.1.x.

Just type:
$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 2.1.0 (r755702; 2009-03-18 20:10:27+0100)

See: http://maven.apache.org/doxia/developers/maven-integration.html

If that doesn't do the trick, you might have a look on that page,
which should help you:

http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia/doxia-maven-plugin/usage.html

This is the correct way of configuration in the pom.xml. It means that
doxia is a so called build-plugin and should have something like that
within the build-tag (probably direclty under the already included rat
plugin):

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
        <artifactId>doxia-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.1</version>
      </plugin>

Let me know if that works for you :-)

And yes, maven is hell, sometimes. But it really has its benefits too,
once you control it.

Cheers,
Christian