From Joe <Jocular...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Apache log4net Needs Help
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2016 17:35:56 GMT
> If you are willing to help, please join log4net's dev mailing list and raise your hand.
Look through log4net's issue tracker and pick things you'd like to work on. If you don't know
where to start, please ask, Dominik and Stefan will be there to help.

> If there is anything holding you back from contributing, let's discuss it and get it
out of the way.

Looking through the log4net issue tracker, I find it difficult to pick out things to work
on.

- There are an awful lot of open issues that have been open for a long time and are unassigned
- Some of the ones I've looked through seem like they could be closed as Won't fix, Incomplete,
Cannot Reproduce, Later or Not a Bug.  Doing this might show that things are moving and be
an incentive for people to get involved.
- It would help to have a roadmap for the next couple of releases.   For example, if we know
that someone is working on a revamped RollingFileAppender, all issues related to RollingFileAppender
should be assigned to them.
- Perhaps some of them need to be reprioritized, so that it's easier to focus on what is high
priority and consistent with the roadmap.