From Nicholas Duane <nic...@msn.com>
Subject Re: Level.All
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 15:59:52 GMT
I am purposely staying away from defining custom levels.  I want to use a level defined by
the framework that will log as long as logging is not turned off.

However, the method I've created for logging events does not expose the level so I guess I
could define my own custom level in code and set it to Level.Off - 1.

Thanks,

Nick

________________________________
From: Dominik Psenner <dpsenner@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 4:09 AM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Re: Level.All

Ops, that earlier mail went out too early. Sorry for the noise. ;-)

Level.Off = int.MaxValue
Level.All = Level.Off + 1

This implies that:
Level.All = int.MinValue

which is correct. You should not log events with Level.All or Level.Off. There are so many
numbers in between int.MinValue and int.MaxValue that there's lot of room to invent custom
levels.