From Nicholas Duane <nic...@msn.com>
Subject Re: Injecting properties into LoggingEvent
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:27:48 GMT
Thanks. We already have written a custom appender.  Ideally I want the category set by the
time the event makes it to our appender.  As I mentioned, what I'm trying to do is the following:

When someone logs an event I want to populate a property named "category" on the LoggingEvent
which is based on the level of the event.

level: FATAL - INFO -> set category to criticalDiagnostic

level: DEBUG, TRACE -> set category to noncriticalDiagnostic

I could imagine there could be many other reasons why someone might want to modify the LoggingEvent
automatically without any user code to do so.

As I mentioned, I don't want an application to make code changes to make this happen.  I'm
looking for a config only solution for this.  You could imagine that the LogManager could
expose a set of events and allow plugging in event sinks via configuration.  This would allow
me to write an event sink and plug it into the system via the configuration.

Thanks,

Nick