From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache log4net Needs Help
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 14:06:29 GMT
On 2016-10-04, Nicholas Duane wrote:

> While I realize resources are needed to make any changes to the code base, even if resources
are/become available it's yet another (big?) decision on whether the changes that are made
to log4net are ones which will take it off into its own direction or whether a new version
of log4net is created which is a port of lo4j2.

Absolutely. That's why I qualified it with "who want to do the porting
work" :-)

Whether a log4j2 port happens or not really is decided by the people who
are willing and able to invest the time needed. The same is true for any
other decision we take. There is no "business plan" for log4net, those
who do the work decide about what gets done.

I hear you and I understand why a log4net closer to log4j2 might be
attractive but I am completely unable to devote the time needed for
something that would more or less amount in a rewrite.

Cheers

        Stefan